Robotics Mechanical Engineer - Position Overview
As a robotics mechanical engineer at Sentien, you will design novel mechanisms and quick prototype innovative solutions for a wide variety of aerial and ground robotics applications. You will develop automation components related to payload management, airframe, and materials handling to support applications ranging from emergency response, industrial inspection, payload delivery, search and rescue, security, and defense. You will be working with a small integrated team of experienced software, electrical, and mechanical engineers in a startup environment, so in addition to technical prowess, you must be able to demonstrate excellent teamwork, communication, and time management skills.
* Ideal candidates will be creative problem-solvers with a wide range of design ideas
* Ability to work in both collaborative and self-directed environments.
* Excellent team member; driven to contribute to the team effort
* Ability to work under pressure and strict timelines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Design-for-manufacture of robotic systems and enclosures using SolidWorks and analysis software
* Collaborate with people from a variety of backgrounds such as computer programmers, and electrical engineers to suggest engineering, purchasing, quality, manufacturing, and propose new concepts.
* Design new products for internally driven research and projects
* Conduct design and failure case analysis to ensure products meet robustness requirements and quality standards
* Must be proficient in SolidWorks
* BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
* Must be familiar with machinery elements, drawings and details
* Hands-on prototyping capabilities
* U.S. Citizenship
* Experience with robotics subsystems such as sensors, actuators, and software programming
* Knowledge of automated materials handling and industrial automation
* Knowledge of motor control and electro-mechanical systems
Please email your resume to careers at sentienrobotics.com
We are looking for creative problem solvers from diverse backgrounds and points of view. We value an environment that gives everyone the ability to grow and learn. We are looking for those that thrive on inspiration and paving a new path.